Water and Climate Leaders Call For
An integrated water and climate approach
International support to improve water data and information for a climate ready world
Partners to join us in the implementation
Recognizing the need to protect glaciers
- An integrated water and climate approach — Recognizing the role of water for informed decision-making in climate change mitigation and adaptation action.
- International support to improve water data and information for a climate ready world — Working together to operationalise a Global Water Information Services that provides status, assessment, and outlook for smart climate and water-related decisions.
- Partners to join us in the implementation — Support solutions for sound decision making: a water and climate stocktake, a cryosphere information mechanism, a new financing rationale, local engagement, and river basin cooperation.
- Recognizing the need to protect glaciers — Understanding the role of glaciers as one of the most critical sources of freshwater and uniting forces in preserving these resources through an International Year of Glacier Preservation 2025.
To reach this goal the Leaders will:
- advocate at the highest political levels for an integrated global water and climate agenda
- mobilize relevant allies to support the implementation of an integrated Water and Climate Agenda
- propose tangible outcomes that will enhance integrating water and climate related data, including implementing the data and information pillar of the SDG 6 Global Acceleration Framework and the Water Action Decade