Is our world running into a water crisis?
Wed, Jun 23, 2021, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM (CEST)
Two panels, one topic: Water, one of the most precious commodities in the world. Bayer and the Water and Climate Coalition (www.water-climate-coalition.org) invite to a call with nine renowned experts. This event will be split into two 45-minute parts.
++ PART 1 – 11:00 AM-11:45 AM CEST: The role of decision-makers and what they need to handle the demand for water and risks posed by water-related “natural disasters” such as floods and droughts. ++
These are the participants of the first panel:
• János Áder, President of Hungary
• Howard Bamsey, Chair of the Global Water Partnership
• Hannele Pokka, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of the Environment in Finland
• Han Seung-Soo, Special Envoy of the UN Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction and Water, and Chair of the High-level Experts and Leaders Panel on Water and Disasters (HELP)
• Petteri Taalas, Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
++ PART 2 – 11:45 AM-12:30 PM CEST: What are the views of the youth and what actions they expect current leaders to undertake to solve the water crisis?++
On the panel:
• Matthias Berninger, Head of Public Affairs, Science and Sustainability, Bayer
• Lindsey Aldaco-Manner, President of the World Youth Parliament for Water
• Marie-Claire Graf, Co-Founder and Advisor of the Sustainability Week for Business and YOUNGO Focal Point from the Global North
• Luciana Verástegui, Coordinator of the YOUNGO Oceans Voice Working Group
Moderation: Thomas Helfrich, Head of Corporate Positioning at Bayer.
The livestream links will be published here right on time at 11 AM for the first part of the live talk and at 11:45 AM for the second part. Please refresh this event page then to join.
We are looking forward to multi-faceted dialogues and appreciate your questions in the chat!
Click here for the event link